Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Product review: SmartSockets 5-AC Outlet + 2 USB Outputs Round Power Strip















I use a lot of battery chargers (AAA, camera, photo lights) that take up more than one outlet, the round shape of this strip seemed idea for it. And yes, I can fit them all next to each other no problem. However, there is a design flaw that does not make this strip ideal for the larger chargers. The sloped sides of the strip make the prongs pull out under their own weight. If the charger was flat on top this would not have been a problem. Aesthetically sloped edges look better but for practical purposes I wish it was flat on top.

In addition to 5 AC outlets this charger has two USB ports. I tested both USB ports with a current charger and was impressed with their performance, each one delivers 2A and provides optional charging to both Android and Apple devices.

I still like this power strip because I can fit 6 plugs in a smaller place than it would take for a strip. I just could not off load all my battery charger to it as I hoped.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment