Monday, October 12, 2015

Product review: OMEGA 3 FISH OIL by Hamilton Group comparison with Natue Made Triple Omega














I have been taking Nature Made Triple Omega since 2011 on the recommendation of my eye doc for dry eyes. He told me to take two Triple Omega capsules daily (about 1800 mg of omega oil daily). The change has been measurable, my eyes feel much better. When I first started taking Omega three to aid dry eyes I was a sceptic about its effects, but I am not a sceptic any more!

For the past few weeks I have switched from One Nature Made Triple Omega to Hamilton Healthcare Omega.
Here is side by side comparison

One Nature Made Triple Omega softgel contains
' Omega-3 434 mg
' Omega-6 276 mg
' Omega-9 170 mg
total 880 mg
Each capsule is 1200 mg, which means Omega-3 content is 73%

One Hamilton Healthcare recommended daily dose is three softgels, and the labels info is provided for daily dose of three capsules. To make it easier to compare with Triple Omega I am dividing the labels info given for three capsules by three:
' EPA 300 mg (EPA is Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid)
' DHA 200 mg (DHA docosahexaenoic acid)
' Other Omega 50
total 550 mg
Each capsule is 1000 mg, which means Omega-3 content is 55% and the filler ingredient are 45%. This is the reason why the recommended dose is three capsules rather than two capsules.

At the time I write this review Nature Made Triple Omega contains 180 gel caps and is priced at $23.50 (0.13 cents per capsule) with a daily dose cost of 0.25 cents. Hamilton Healthcare Omega contains 180 softgels is priced $29.97 (0.16 cents per capsule) and a daily dose 0.48 cents. The size of the one softgel of Nature Made Triple Omega is the same as one softgel of Hamilton Healthcare Omega.

The need for three capsules puts it below Nature Made Triple Omega for me.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment