Friday, August 30, 2013

Product review: Bolse 6 Watt LED Light Bulb 450 Lumen, 45W Replacement

In this review I am comparing 450 Lumen Bolse 6 Watt LED light Bulb (Warm White 3000K), 450 Lumen Bolse 6 Watt LED light Bulb (White 6000K) and 60 watt Sylvania incandescent light. The Bolse bulbs are rated as 45Watt replacement and they surprised me by being brighter than I expected.

To help my comparison I am attaching a collage of 5 photos.

Photo #1 shows Bolse LED light next to 60 Watt Sylvania incandescent bulb. As you see not only the buld is standard E26/E27 but the size of the bulb is the same as an incandescent bulb. This means these bulbs will fit into all old fixtures without poking out.

Photo #2 shows Bolse White LED light in a two light fixture: the LED light is on the left and the incandescent light is on the right.

Photo #3 shows Bolse Warm White LED light in the same two light fixture: the LED light is on the left and the incandescent light is on the right.

The light from the Bolse warm white light was very similar to incandescent bulb light. The brightness of 450 Lumen led light was quite close to 60 Watt incandescent. The main noticeable difference is the difference in the direction of the light. As you see in the photos the top of the light fixture is dark when used with the LED light.

I received these two LED lights for testing and review (be it positive or negative) from the manufacture.

Overall, I liked the lights, however I ran into a defect in one the lens cover. As I was screwing in the light for the first time (holding it by the metal base) the plastic lens fell off from one of the bulbs. When looked inside of the lens I saw a plastic shard that came off one of the edges. I was able to put the lens back on, but it comes off I push on it again. The second bulb does not have this problem. Photo #5 shows the broken off piece and the edge, and photo #4 shows what the light looks like with the lens off.

I contacted the manufacture to find out if the 1 year warranty applies to the lens damage I encountered. I also wanted to know whether the consumer would need to return the bulb or if photographic evidence would be sufficient. LowerPriceUSA responded that the damage to the lens is covered by the 1 year warranty and that "Customers do not have to mail it back. The photo proof will work." This is a consumer friendly warranty and for that reason I am not docking the bulb any stars.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment