Monday, March 26, 2012

Product review: Fiskars 9418 Ultra Light Kneelers Knee Pads



I do a lot of my gardening on my knees as I find it easier on my bad back. Until I purchased Fiskars Kneelers Knee Pads I used a pad that knelt on. The problem with the pad of course is that you have to get up before moving to a new spot. It is much easier to garden with the knee pads attached to your legs. I am very pleased with this purchase.

I am attaching a photo under customer photos that I will be referencing in this review.

The photo shows both sides of the knee pads. The top image shows the outer shell of the pad that touches the ground. It is made out of thick (slight under 1/2 inch) rubberized material which provides cushioning and protection from moisture.

The bottom image show the inside part of the knee pad, which is made with soft black non-slippery material. The cavity of the knee pad is 4.75 inches wide, and 7 inches long. It can be made more narrow by tightening the knee straps or wider by pressing on it with the knee because it flexes.

Each knee pad has a rubber band which holds the knee pad to the leg. Each band is 20 inches long and 1.5 inches wide. At each end of the rubber band there is 3.5 inches of Velcro so you can adjust the pad based on the size of your leg. If your legs are particularly skinny you can sew in additional Velcro strip so you can close it tighter. If your legs are thicker you can add another piece of rubber band with more Velcro. I consider myself an average size woman and I got a perfect fit with and without long pants on.

The knee pads are easy to clean by washing them with a hose. They are solidly made and feel like a good quality item.

Fiskars offers lifetime warranty for the knee pads. Even if when I don't plan on using a warranty replacement, it always makes me feel good about a product when the company shows the confidence in the product by offering such long warranty. For warranty service, email warranty@fiskars.com or call 1-866-348-5661 or contact Fiskars Brands, Inc. 2537 Daniels Street, Madison, WI 53718.

I am really enjoying my knee pads, in particular because I can move so much easier with them than a knee pad I used before. I recommend this product.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment