Sunday, February 19, 2012

Product review: Misto Gourmet Olive Oil Sprayer

Works great!

I purchased this sprayer for olive oil so I can control the amount of oil I use in my cooking. So far I have been very pleased with the mister.

I am attaching a collage of two photos which I will be referencing in this review. The photos show the mister disassembled as well as next to a pen for size reference.

The mister is a little larger than I expected from the stock photo: it is 9" tall and the diameter of the bottom is 2 7/8" (see image labeled #1). The bottle is made out of an aluminum tube and the rest of the parts are plastic (see image labeled #2). In the second image you can see the mechanism that creates the pressure for misting. Left-most is the cap that holds the comp to the bottle, second from the left is the white knob that secures the pump to the bottle, the third is the mister itself, and right-most the container.

Before the use you need to pump the cap several times, 10 pumps give you about 14 seconds of spray. If you need more spray you repeat the pumping. The spray is very fine, the pump operation is very smooth.

In order for the spray to work well
1) Fill the container half way
2) When you are done spraying release the pressure of the white knob (you will hear a hissing sound) then tighten it again
3) Put the cap back on until you feel pressure but don't push beyond that point (otherwise the pressure will buildup again)

I store the bottle on the counter, with the cap not totally down as described in step 3. This prevents clogging and prolongs the life of the mister.

When the spray mechanism eventually gets clogged I clean it with Desolve-it Citrus Solution , which is a non-toxic cleaner and works well to dissolve oil clogs.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment