Thursday, January 7, 2021

Product review: Samadhaan 100% Cotton Fully Adjustable Face Mask, Unisex, Breathable & Washable Nose & Mouth Mask, with Filter Pocket


 


 This mask feels nice and soft. The adjustable earpieces which turn into lanyard is a clever design. This mask does not have a nose clip, so it is not perfect, but it has some good features as well.

The cloth mask's effectiveness is affected by the number of layers, material, and fit.  


I liked:

1. I test every mask I buy by filling it with water.  This tells me how effective they are in preventing spreading the spittles that carry COVID-19. This mask held water for a reasonable time before it began leaking.  It is not as good as a disposable mask that does not leak at all, but it well for a cloth mask.
2. The mask is large and covers my face starting from the nose going well under the chin as a good mask should.  
3. This mask has adjustable earpieces so that you can adjust a snug fit around any shape face.
4. This mask has a pocket for a filter.  The opening is on one edge, not in the middle.

I did not like:

1. The mask does NOT have a nose clip, so I can not adjust to fit around my hose. It gaps and can let in spittle with COVID.

Comparison of mask effectiveness:
1. Cloth masks provide 30% protection
2. Surgery masks  provide 60% protection
3. N95 or KN95 masks provide 95%

When I go into crowded places, I actually double mask.  A washable mask goes on top of a surgical mask.  This mask works well for that purpose, and the gap around the nose is not critical because a surgical mask has a nose clip.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment