Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Product review: LAOPAO Mini Tire Inflator Portable Air Compressor for Car Tires Handheld Air Pump


 


 This inflator works very unreliably with my car.  

I used the tire inflator on all four tires of my Honda CRV. I was able to get it to work on the first tire (after several failed attempts when it did not turn on), but I could not get it to work on the other three and I tried many times.  After trying LAOPAO inflator on the three tires that did not work, I immediately attached my old tire inflator, and it worked, bringing my car to the desired tire pressure.  So the tires were not overinflated, and they needed more air to bring the pressure to the desired level.  

The air hose of LAOPAO is very short (9 inches), so I needed to be uncomfortably bent over to operate the unit.  With my old tire inflator, I can comfortably stand holding it in my hands while it is connected to the air valve on the car.

I thought the interface was not as easy to use as any other tire inflator I have used in the past. The two main controls look almost identical. One is a circle within a circle; another is a circle with three arrows that almost touch each other, so they they also look like a circle.  They look very similar in instructions, written in a small font.  In addition, instructions are not accurate. For example, a command to switch units does not take a double click of the three arrow control; it also requires a press of a circle control, in my experience. Each operation takes about three seconds to work, so it is not immediately clear if the command worked or not. In most cases, I waited, and nothing happened.

I was looking forward to making this unit something I carry in my car because its dimensions are so attractive ( 6 inches long and 2.25 inches wide), but I found it frustrating to use and not reliable enough to use during an emergency.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment