Friday, February 18, 2022

Product review: Lifebox Nutrition Omega 3 Fish Oil - Dietary Supplement for Healthy Heart & Brain - 120 Soft Gel Capsules

 


I have been taking Omega-3 since 2011 on the advice of my eye doctor for dry eyes. It noticeably improved my condition.  

In this review, I compare Nature Made Triple Omega that I took for years with Lifebox Nutrition Omega-3.  

One Nature Made Triple Omega soft gel contains
♦ Omega-3 434 mg
♦ Omega-6 276 mg
♦ Omega-9 170 mg
total of 880 mg

Lifebox Nutrition Omega-3 serving size is two gels. Below is information for one soft gel for my apples-to-apples comparison.

♦ EPA 400 mg (EPA is Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid)
♦ DHA 300 mg (DHA docosahexaenoic acid)
total of 700 mg

My doctor's recommendation was to aim for EPA + DHA around 2000 mg.  This means that I need to take three gels.

Now, the price comparison per one soft gel. When I write this review, Nature Made Triple Omega is 150 gel caps is priced at $14.99 (10 cents per capsule).  Lifebox Nutrition Omega-3 90 gels are $11.99 (13 cents per capsule).


Nature Made has a slight edge over Lifebox Nutrition Omega-3 in both price and Omega-3 content.

Purchased in December 2021, expiration date August 2022.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment