Monday, February 22, 2021

Product review: Pumjil Yogurt Probiotic Soft Serve Mix Smoothie


 


 The flavor of the strawberry smoother from this powder is good.  I could not make the soft serve yogurt as it did not harden; I wound up with the smoothie in my yogurt maker. It hardened when I put the smoothie into my freezer.

The biggest problem with this product is that the measurements are inconsistent, confusing, and only for large quantities. The measurements mix grams, milligrams, and cups. I had to translate everything to ounces and wrote under the official instructions.  Obviously, the product is not originally targeted for the American market. I also found the portions that too large for our family and our yogurt maker. I had to divide the smallest recipe in half, then into quarters, then enough to make just one serving. When I prepare a smoothie at home, I don't want to make a gallon; the smoothie tastes best freshly made, otherwise, it separates. Even though I tried to make a soft-serve yogurt, it never hardened. Perhaps it was because I had to do many manipulations to get the right proportions in ounces and small portions. Once I used: 1/4 of the powder package, 16 oz of milk, and 13 oz of water (4 portions).  I also used 2 tablespoons of powder and 4 oz of water, and 4 oz of milk to make a single serving.

If the seller is reading, please change your packaging for the US market using ounce measurements and provide proportions for smaller portions (single serving, a pint, a quart, and so forth).
 

Ingredients:

Cane sugar,dextrose,guar gum,locust bean gum,carrageenan,mono-anddiglycerides of fatty acids,non-fat dry milk,strawberry powder,hydrated strawberry,dehydrated glucose syrup,guar gum,skim milk powder,natural and artificial flavors,mono-and diglycerodes of fatty acids,lactic acid eaters of mono and diglycerides,propane-1,2-diol eaters of fatty acids,

The package had no instructions on how to store unused powder.  I posted a question to the seller if the powder should be refrigerated and received a quick reply that refrigeration is unnecessary and room temperature is fine for storing the partially used powder mix.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment