Saturday, September 19, 2020

Product review: Ambesonne Fabric Shower Curtains, Colorful Leaves



The description states the shower curtain is made out of polyester fabric, so I expected a textured fabric similar to window curtains. The fabric was not what I expected the polyester fabric to be; the material feels like nylon - smooth, slightly shiny, and not textured at all. The fabric texture is not a bad thing, just not what I expected.  The shower curtain had no scent.

The shower curtain fabric arrived with sharp creases from packing. It did not look good when I hung it. The label said "no ironing," but I am an experienced seamstress, so I know how to iron this type of fabric: iron on a warm setting and ironing from the reverse side. After I ironed the material, the shower curtain looked good.

Each leave of the design is 7.5" measured in the longest direction. The stock image is a pretty good representation of the color on the part that faces outside. The reverse side has much paler tones.

The hook holes are not reinforced; they are just buttonhole openings finished on a sewing machine. Those buttonholes areas are reinforced from the back with another strip of fabric (good).

The hooks enclosed in the package are white cheap-looking plastic loops, which I am not using. I did not throw them out to see if I can use them in my garden to hold up vines on the trellis. To hold the shower curtain and a liner, I purchased double shower curtain hooks, which are working beautifully and look good.

Overall, I am pleased with the shower curtain.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment