Thursday, September 17, 2020

Book review: Ninety-Nine Cent Tour of Bar Harbor Maine (Photo Tour): Traveling Cheapskate, Ken Rossignol





I live in New England and Bar Harbor Maine is a place we visit every now and then. I wanted to see if this book would give me some new ideas of places to see, things to do, and places to eat.  It did not.

This book was not what I expected in many ways. This book has no text.  It is just a book of photos with captions.  The captions are written in an unusually small font that does not scale at all. Even on a large 30" computer monitor, the text was not readable. Zoom-in controls in the browser did not work to enlarge the fonts, so no matter what I tried I could not see what the author wrote. I was only able to look at the photos.  The photos were not particularly good. They were not artistic, they did not have good composition, the colors were washed out.   The photos did not give Bar Harbor justice.  The book did not make Bar Harbor look like a desirable place to visit. 

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★☆☆☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment