Thursday, July 2, 2020

Product review: OGX Moroccan Curling Perfection Defining Cream



I was not able to cut my hair for three months and after a period of very unsightly hairdos one day, I looked in a mirror and realized that I no longer need a hair because my hair began curling, got shorter, and looked good.  According to the hair types charts, I have a 3a hair type (I included a graphic illustrating the hair type). 3a type hair forms loose curls from the root to the end of the hair (i.e. not waves, and not tight curls).

I bought OGX curling defining cream to enhance the appearance of the curls.  I never used a product like this before and was not quite sure what to expect.  It did not make a huge difference for me but I think there is a bit more clumping of curls.

After cream dried some hairs did cling together more but felt a little stiff.  If I combed my hair, I lost the curls and the hair looked messy and unmanaged.  I can get the curls back by wetting the hair. I get the best results if I apply the cream to wet hair (after I towel dry it), then let the hair try naturally, and then run my fingers through the hair to break up the stiff-looking curls.

Update: I found that if I use a drying cap my curls look more defined because the cap accordions the curls as they dry so they keep their shape.  In my video you can see results of both air drying without a cap and with a cap.  There is a visible difference.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment