Thursday, January 31, 2019

Book review: How the World Sees You: Discover Your Highest Value Through the Science of Fascination by Sally Hogshead


This book was rather boring to read because it has a lot of "fluff", a lot of platitudes, a lot of self promotion, and self branding.  The book could benefit from a good editor that could trim out the redundant text and highlight the main points so they are not lost among all the platitudes.

Putting aside the annoyances I had with the style of the book, what about the content? I found it interesting in the beginning.  However, it became less and less interesting as the same idea was repeated over and over and it became more boring with every page.

I have a good understanding of who I am, my strength and my weaknesses. I had hard time fitting myself into one category. It felt to me that the model was oversimplified. 

The take away from the book is to concentrate on your strength and ignore your weaknesses and that seems to me to be naive and unpractical in the real world.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment