Thursday, December 6, 2018

Product review: Grace Tech 2 Tier Industrial Bookshelf Wood and Metal Bookcase


This is a wood and metal bookshelf with a modern look.  I think it looks very nice.  It is quite heavy and feels sturdy. I use it as a bookshelf and have over 50 pounds of books on each shelf.

This shelf has several version (in terms of the number of shelves) but one set of instructions for assembling them all.  My instructions contained the count of screws and bolts for the four level bookshelf  (I got a two tier bookshelf), so initially I thought I was missing a lot of hardware.  Turns out I had just the right number of bolts but instructions did not make it clear.   Another issue with instruction was that they did not specify where each of the three types of bolts/screws had to be used.  It took some guessing and testing to figure out how to use them.  My video shows how the bolts/screws fit.  I also show how to mount cross bars, which is not explained in instructions. One cross is mounted below and another one is mounted on top of the side panel, otherwise they interfere with each other. Everything did fit and felt sturdy, but assembly directions were not good.

The bookshelf is nice looking but arrived with some chips and nicks from shipping where the brown finish was rubbed off and exposed the fiberboard under the finish.  In most cases I was able to position the chipped area to the back or move the more damaged shelf to the bottom so it almost not noticeable.

The two tier shelf is 23" tall, 47" wide and 11" deep.  The wood shelves are more narrow than the frame, they are 9" deep.  There are several options for mounting the shelves.  The supports can be attached to the bottom or top of the two bars.  I mounted my shelves on the bottom support because I thought the the bookshelf looks more attractive with more metal showing.  The feet of the shelf are round and I attached felt pad (not included) to the bottom to protect wood floor.  The feet screw in so they can be adjusted a little bit if the floor under the shelf is not even.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment