Thursday, October 25, 2018

Product review: Preup Electric Glass Kettle



This is a nice looking electric kettle: glass and stainless steel. It is solidly made with the weight of 2 pounds and 6.9 oz when empty. When I press the button to open the cover it opens slowly, I have seen this feature on much a Breville kettle which cost over $100. 

The default temperature is set to 212°F (the boiling point) I prefer my coffee at 194°F which means I need to click down button. The temperature is marked in Fahrenheit, the volume of the kettle is marked in liters rather than cups.  This is the only thing I wish was different, the cup measurement would have been more convenient. 

The kettle has 1.8 liter capacity (7.5 cups). The minimum marked as 0.5 liter (2.5 cups).  I have tried heating 12 oz (which is the size of my mug) and despite being below the minimum it worked.  While it is working the kettle lights up blue LEDs around the bottom, when the water reaches desired temperature the LEDs turn off.  I also  like that the kettle is made out glass so I can see the amount of water in it.

The kettle is made out of glass and stainless steel, it also has a few plastic parts (handle, part of the cover, and the base).  The electric cord is 18" and I have to use the kettle with a power strip.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment