Monday, October 15, 2018

Product review: Beeswax Food Wraps by Mamaku World


I am always looking for good product that can be re-used and minimize waste.
 This is my first experience with wax and it I really liked the idea of replacing cling wraps with these. I like green products, but they have to work well not just be green.  This was paper did not work as well as I hoped. It does not form a tight seal.  This does not mean it does not have some use, but it is not a replacement for cling wraps or silicone stretch covers.

The wax paper is actually not paper, it is fabric. The sheets are made out of cotton fabric squares (like what you would get in a quilt shop) dipped in beeswax.  Some of the beeswax comes off on your hands as you handle it (very small amounts but enough that I can feel it on my finger tips), but this is not a problem because bees wax is not harmful and can be ingested especially in the tiny amounts.

The wraps can be hand washed in warm water, but should not be washed with hot water or used on hot containers that just came out of the microwave or oven.

Overall, I thought the wax paper was okay for some limited uses, but not as good as I hoped because it does not form a good seal.  To make them fit better I began using these covers with a rubber band to help them maintain better contact with the item I am wrapping. 

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment