Sunday, October 21, 2018

Book review: Make Your Movie, How to Create Real Cinema Quality Footage With Gear Everyone Can Afford Kindle Edition by Simon Levi


This book is not what I expected. The title made me think is that this book will teach me about techniques of creating great movie videos. This is not what this book is about. The author makes a sales pitch for the readers buy one of the high end cameras to shoot their movies (so the subtitle "with almost no cost" does not make sense to me). The author suggests buying Canon 5D Mark II DSLR camera (around $5,000) to shoot your videos to gain advantage of high quality videos. The book also promotes another high end camera Blackmangic Pocket Camera. He also has a couple honorable mentions of less expensive cameras but almost in passing. The entire book is about equipment. To get recommendations on high end equipment I prefer on-line discussion groups and forums to get opinion of more than one person and multiple price points.

For people who want to use SONY, GoPro, and other cameras much of the advice in the book is not relevant. I think the author could have made the topic of the book more clear in the title or subtitle of the book to avoid the disappointed feeling I got reading this book.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★☆☆☆☆






No comments:

Post a Comment