Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Product review: iProducts Universal Laptop Charger with USB Charging Station

iProducts charger  is a universal charger with one laptop port, two smart ports (blue), and four regular ports (white).  The charger is compact (3.5" x 2.75" X 7/8")  and light (4.75 oz).  Its size and weight is excellent for traveling. On the negative side the port markings are written in very small font in the back and are hard to read. However, once you know what they are the color coding really helps.

The 10 laptop tips are marked to be compatible with major brands (I am including a photo with manufacturer's card that identifies the plugs).  However, even though Lenovo is listed it did not fit my laptop (Lenovo W530).

One of the connectors worked with a digital clock that I lost the connector for, so I was very happy with this unexpected bonus.

I tested two Nexus Android phones -  Nexus 6p takes type C connector and Nexus 5 takes a micro USB connector.  Both worked but not at optimal rate I have seen for each phone.


  • Type-C connector on regular port, battery level 43% (at this level the phone does fast charging if charger allows it) 1050 mA max, 690 mA min.
  • Type-C connector on smart port, battery level 39% (at this level the phone does fast charging if charger allows it) 880 mA max, 750 mA min.
  • The best charging rate I got for this phone and this cable with another charger with battery level at 30-40% was around 2000 mA.

  • Micro USB connector on smart plug, battery level 80% 500 mA max, 500 mA min.
  • Micro USB connector on regular plug, battery level 80% 500 mA max, 500 mA min.
  • The best charging rate I got for this phone and this cable with another charger with battery level at 80% was around 1000 mA.

Overall, I thought the charger was OK - very good size and weight for travel, but  for my phones the charging was not optimal.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment