Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Product review: HyLoft 00625 45-Inch by 45-Inch Overhead Storage System





I installed 45" x 45" HyLoft storage system in the unfinished basement. Hyloft consists of 4 steel poles attached to the rafters, 2 poles that connect them to form a support to 3 gridded shelves.

Since I have exposed beams I slightly modified how I attached the 4 steel poles to the rafters instead of bolting the to the bottom per instructions that worked with finished ceilings, I attached them to side of the rafters with a set of bolts I purchased separately. You can see my method in attached video.

What is nice about the system is that it gives you a bit of freedom of how to position the poles, as you can see in the video they do not have to be precisely in the corners of the shelves. I have some over hang as it allowed me to position the shelves in a way that will be easy to access them from all directions for loading and unloading. It also gives you a lot of control of how high from the floor you want to hang the shelves.

The system feels very secure although it flexes as you put things on and off. It is very roomy and allowed me to use previously dead space very effectively. I liked it so much that I also purchased a second smaller unit (27" x 36") to make use of the area above washer and dryer.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment