Sunday, April 30, 2017

Product review: Venta Airwasher 2-in-1 Humidifier & Air Purifier - LW45



Our heating is forced hot air and the air gets very dry. I used a variety of humidifiers through the years and it was always a compromise between the noise and improved air quality. On the low setting Venta air washer is so quiet that I had to keep checking if was on or not when the first time I was using it. On medium and high level I can hear some white noise but it is still very quiet. I am a light sleeper and this humidifier on the low settings is really the only that does not bother me when I am trying to fall asleep.




On the negative side to keep Venta air cleaner going you need to treat the water it uses continuously. This is done with Venta treatment additive. Two small starter bottles are included and Venta LW45 requires the use of both bottles at the same time. These two bottles are sufficient for 10-14 days of use. The additive is available in a larger 35 fl. oz bottle which is sold for $19.00 (sufficient for 5 months use). In addition every 6 months the airwasher needs to be cleaned with Venta cleaner which is $13.5 for one treatment. The cleaner starter is not included. I did some research and found that many people use water and vinegar to clean it instead of hte Venta cleaner. The top housing can be washed in the dishwasher with cup of vinegar. The disks can be cleaned with the pipe cleaner brush. I have been using the Airwasher for several weeks and have not needed to clean it, but I will try the vinegar solution first.

Assembling the Venta washer was very simple, the only thing one needs to do is remove two pieces of cardboard used for safe shipping.

I am using the airwasher on a trolley which makes it easy to move the washer even when it is full with water. The trolley moves smoothly. The troller comes with adapters for different size airwashes. My video shows the adapters installed for LW45 Venta. The adapters are installed properly when you you hear a click as they lock into place.

As the airwasher is working I see no white dust or water droplets on the floor. The airwasher capacity is 3 gallons and when it is out of water it automatically shuts off and displays a red light on the top of the unit.

The size of the unit is 17"L x 12"W x 13"H (or 15"H when on a roller).

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment