Sunday, April 16, 2017

Product review: HOMEE Expandable Garden Hose



I have been using flexible hoses for several summers. They are great to work with - they are light and when empty become very short.  However they are fragile.

The main thing you need to know is that you cannot treat them the same as a regular garden hose. This hose require more careful handling: you cannot leave it in the sun when not in use, you can not drag and pull it like you would a regular hose, you cannot step on it when it is full with water, you cannot hang it to store (this puts pressure on the internal hose).  I store it curled up in a bucket and bring it into the cool basement when not in use.  I lay it out in the direction I want to water and only then fill it with water.  I am careful not to step on it and when I have to pull it I pull gently and carefully. I have strong water pressure, so when I use the flex hose I do not put the water pressure all the way up.  I use it at a half force setting.  Before I started using the precautions my flex hoses did not last all summer, now I get more than one season.

This hose has brass connectors which give me a good no leak connection. Also included in the package is a sprayer.  The sprayer has all plastic construction. We have hard water which is rough on plastic. I usually get 2 good seasons out of plastic sprays. The sprayer is a 7-setting sprayer (Amazon description says 8 settings).  All settings but the "mist" setting work fine. Mist is not as fine as I expected.  The nozzle has flow control and a loop that keeps the nozzle spraying without having to hold down the handle. Flow control does not make a big difference, but I use the stopper loop all the time.

Yes, this hose requires extra care but I really like that it is so light which makes it easier on my bad back.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment