Friday, December 18, 2020

Product review: Face Mask Reusable,Cloth Face Mask Washable with 6 Filters(Black Mask),Adult Adjustable Face Masks, COVID-19 cloth mask


 


 I got the adult size mask. The package contained one cloth mask. The cloth mask's effectiveness is affected by the number of layers, material, and fit.
 
I liked:

1. The mask is large and covers my face starting from the nose going well under the chin as a good mask should.
2. The mask has two layers; the inner and outer materials are the same - appears to be regular cotton fabric.  It has a pocket for a filter.  And the package includes 6 filters.
3. This mask has a nose clip, so the fit is pretty good.  

I did not like:

1. I run all my masks through the water test: I pour some water into the mask and see if it leaks or not. This mask does start leaking after it gets soaked with water. It is not totally surprising for a cloth mask to let through water, but I have some cloth masks that do not leak and hold water.
2. It has hard holders that allow me to adjust the elastic that goes around the ear.  These plastic clips are not bad; I feel them less than other designs I tried. However, I prefer one-size-fits-all elastics as I find them more comfortable.

Comparison of mask effectiveness:
1. Cloth masks provide 30% protection
2. Surgery masks  provide 60% protection
3. N95 or KN95 masks provide 95%

When I go into crowded places, I actually double mask.  This washable mask goes on top of a surgical mask.  A surgical mask does not let through water, so it gives me additional protection against droplets.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment