Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Product review: Chocolates "Ptichye Moloko" Bird's Milk - Chocolate covered zefir / groceries home delivery





This is my first time trying "Ptichye Moloko" (i.e. Bird's Milk) chocolate candy. I was attracted to it because the description said it is similar to chocolate-covered zefir that I love.  The texture of the candy is a little different from zefir (smoother and less sweet), but I liked this candy.  The price of this item was $6.69, but the description did not mention how many candies you would get.  I got a bag with 33 candies.  They bulk packed, no box.  This was fine, I rather get a better price!  The price on RussianTable.com is better then the price on Amazon even if you take into account the shipping cost (which is $15.75 for two-day shipping from New York to New England). The candies tasted fresh.

I fell in love with while visiting Russia.  I was introduced to zefir by Russian friends on my trips to Moscow.  Russian zefir can only be described as an American marshmallow as an approximation.  Zefir is made by whipping fruit and berry purée (apple puree or strawberry puree) with sugar and egg whites. It is less chewy than a marshmallow and has a lot more flavor, not just sugar.  Even thought what is inside of this candy has a slightly different texture and taste, I suspect the filling is made in a similar way to zefir.  If you like zefir it is worth a try.



You can find it on RussianTable.com by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment