Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Product review: AHJ CR123A Lithium Batteries - not compatible with Arlo Security Video Camera


I bought these batteries for the Arlo security camera.  Arlo is notoriously finicky about batteries, and not every 123a battery works well.  Since AHJ mentioned Arlo is the title, I had high hopes. But this battery is not compatible with the Arlo video camera.  The Arlo status showed a 0% charge level from the first moment the battery was inserted. The camera took three videos before it died. Very disappointing!

I owned the Arlo camera for a few years, so I had a chance to compare the longevity of several different batteries (Panasonic, Duracell, Energizer, and generic rechargeable batteries).  Every time I change the battery, I write down the date to compare the longevity I get from each set of batteries.   AHJ battery is the worst battery I have tried.  I never had a battery die after three 10 second videos.

* Cold weather (i.e., usage spans winter): Panasonic 4 months, Duracell 2 months, Energizer 2 weeks.
* Warm weather: Panasonic 6 months,  Duracell 4 months

Another data point I have is a comparison with rechargeable CR123A Lithium batteries.

* Cold weather: Panasonic  4 months, rechargeable 123A  2 weeks
* Warm weather: Panasonic 6 months, rechargeable 123A one month

I do not recommend these batteries for Arlo Cameras.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★☆☆☆☆


No comments:

Post a Comment