Saturday, May 30, 2020

Product review: Wireless Microphone Set, KIMAFUN 2.4G Wireless Headset Microphone and Lavalier Lapel Mics


This microphone works using audio ports on the devices (i.e. it does not use a digital connection). The receiver and transmitter communicate via 2.4G radio signal.  The receiver and transmitter need to pair to each other before use (they do so after both units are turned at the same time after about 2 seconds).

I tried this microphone with three devices: Android phone, Linux laptop, and Linux desktop.  Instruction mention the need to use the splitter in the setup.  For the devices I tried, the mic worked when it was plugged in directly into the phone and laptop, and did not work when I used the Y-splitter.  I am including a recording of playback from the phone as well as the original sound for comparison.  I also tried the microphone on the Webex call that ran on my laptop (Redhat 7 distro). I was told that I sounded fine.  On the third device, I tried, the Linux desktop running Fedora, the microphone did not work, the desktop did not recognize it.  


When I was using the mic on the Webex call, I could not hear anyone unless I unplugged the microphone from the audio port.  It took me a bit of troubleshooting to figure out the issue. It turns out that this is because my laptop does not have a board necessary for this type of use.
 
If you want both the microphone and speaker on the desktop/laptop to work at the same time you need to use use a USB adapter. To use the adapter you need a USB sound card with two 3.5mm sockets. My laptop does not have this sound card, so I connected the mic directly to the headphone jack. In this configuration, the microphone occupies both audio input and audio output, and this means the output (the speakers) do not work. You need an adapter that can separate them.

Both receiver and transmitter have built-on lithium batteries that are charged via USB. The receiver and transmitter take 4 hours to fully charge, and they can run for 8 hours recording.

This set includes two microphones (headset and lavalier mics), transmitter and receiver that plug into an audio port, dual USB cable so you can charge both transmitter and receiver from one USB charging port, Y splitter, foams, and 6.35 adapter if you want to use this microphone with a PA system.

This microphone is best for doing video voice-overs and other applications when you only need the microphone and not microphone and speakers at the same time like Webex and Zoom video conferences.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review
  


No comments:

Post a Comment