Sunday, May 31, 2020

Product review: Plantskydd Animal Repellent - Repels Deer, Rabbits





The good:
1. It appears to repel rabbits and deer
2. It can be used on edible crops

The bad:
1. The spray leaves very unsightly red bloodstains on the plants, which eventually turn black and still unsightly
2. The Plantskydd seems to have damaged my young tomatoes and cucumber plants (many of them wilted right where the blood spots were, the leaves that did not have spray did not wilt).  The plants on the deck, which I did not spray did not wilt. Strawberries were fine and did not react badly to the spray.
3. Flowers did not wilt, but I did not like how the leaves looked after the application
4. The spray mechanism leaks when I spray.  The first time I used it my hands were covered in blood-colored liquid.  I did not expect it.  I just stood there staring on my bloody hand, it looked like I stabbed someone.  From there on I learned to wear old garden gloves which are now quite stained.
5. Amazon description does not state it, but on the Plantskydd web site under "How should I store" it states "Ready-to-use Liquid—use within 3 months of opening."  So if you buy it in the spring, you need to use it that summer or it will go bad.
6. Requires care after each usage.  From To Plantskydd web site: to prevent sprayer from clogging after each use, you need to remove the sprayer, flush with water, and replace lid with original cap.

Bottom line: after a few initial applications I was reluctant to use the spray on any plants other than strawberries. However, now that the strawberries have fruits the instructions said to stop spraying...  so the spray was used for a short period of time with mixed results.  I will not be able to use the entire bottle before it goes bad.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment