Friday, November 20, 2020

Product review: Fish Oil Omega 3 Supplement from Vimerson Health




I used to have very dry eyes, in the morning my eyelids would be stuck to my eyes balls and I had put in eye drops just to open them pain-free. In 2011 my eye doctor suggested I start taking Triple Omega to help dry eyes. He said this is the first thing he tries with his patients before trying more drastic measures such as tear duct plugs. I was skeptical but I started taking it.

Two weeks later my eyes were feeling much better with no other changes to my diet or medication. Fast forward 9 years, I still take Triple Omega every day. I use drastically less eye drops now. When I wake up in the morning I can open my eyelids, they are not stuck to my eyeballs like before. I am not a skeptic anymore!

In this review, I am comparing Nature Made Omega-3 that I have been taking for years with Vimerson Health Omega 3.  With Nature Made I take two Omega-3 capsules a day.

One Nature Made Triple Omega soft gel contains
♦ Omega-3 434 mg
♦ Omega-6 276 mg
♦ Omega-9 170 mg
total of 880 mg

One Vimerson Health Omega 3 contains (I am ignoring the Fish oil part of the capsule for this comparison)
♦ EPA 900 mg (EPA is Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid)
♦ DHA 600 mg (DHA docosahexaenoic acid)
♦ Other Omega-3 300 mg
total of 1800 mg

So one soft gel of One Vimerson Health Omega replaces two soft gels of Nature Made Triple Omega. At the time I write this review Nature Made Triple Omega is 150 gel caps is priced at $14.99 (10 cents per capsule).  Vimerson Health Omega 60 gels are $17.87 (30 cents per capsule).  Since I need two Nature Made gels, my daily cost is 20 cents and Vimerson Health gel is 30 cents.

The size of the One Nature Made Triple Omega is the same as Vimerson Health, I find them reasonably easy to swallow.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment