Thursday, November 26, 2020

Product review: Cotton Face Mask Black Reusable Washable COVID-19

 




The package contained three cloth masks. The cloth mask's effectiveness is affected by the number of layers, material, and fit.
 
I liked:

1. The mask covers my face starting from the nose going well under the chin. It is not as deep as some of the masks I have, but ok.
2. The mask has two layers; the inner and outer materials are the same - appears to be regular cotton fabric. 
3. I run all my masks through the water test: I pour some water into the mask and see if it leaks or not. This mask does NOT leak when I fill it with water and hold for a few minutes. Eventually, it got saturated, but it took a few minutes.  This means it keeps my spittle in and keeps other people's spittle out of my face.
4. The mask is color-fast; when I washed it by hand, the color did not bleed.

I did not like:

1. The mask has no nose clip
2. The mask does not have a pocket for a filter
3. The elastic used on this mask is not the round gentle elastic, but the ribbon type elastic. It does push on ears harder the round elastic.

Comparison of mask effectiveness:
1. Cloth masks provide 30% protection
2. Surgery masks  provide 60% protection
3. N95 or KN95 masks provide 95%

When I go into crowded places, I actually double mask.  This washable mask goes on top of a surgical mask.  A surgical mask does not let through water, so it gives me additional protection against droplets.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link. 

 
Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment