Friday, May 8, 2015

Product review: AFENDO® 3000mAh Mini Alluminum Power Bank Ultra-Compact Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Charger

   



I like "lipstick" size power banks, I always have one in my purse and one charging so I can rotate them. It is nice to have a bit of emergency power if the phone runs out of power. My second favorite use for this lipstick battery is to use them with my Sansa Clip MP3 which has non-removable rechargeable batteries. If I have it constantly charging from a small battery I don't have to stop listening while it recharges.

Afendo 3000mAh external pack is 3.75" long, 7/8" in diameter, and weights 2.6 oz. The charging indicator is not as tiny as some of the other lipstick batteries I have, I can easily see if it is still working. The light is red when the battery is charging, and blue when it is charging on a device. The battery turns on instantly when I plug something in.

Even though its capacity is not huge, it charges my phone reasonably fast. It is a 1A charger so it did not charge iPad Mini at the optimal rate, however it did as well as any 1A charger can charge the tablet.

The battery does not support charge through charging (i.e. it can not charge while it is being charged).

If you are interested in the details of the tests I am including them below. Summarizing the results I can say that it measured up well against batteries of similar size and capacity.

➨ Test Results:
======================
✔ Galaxy Nexus Phone
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current monitor: ~~~ 0.87A, 5.04V

✔ iPad Mini
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current monitor: ~~~ 0.93A, 5.04V

Bottom line: I found this charger to perform well and I like its size.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★★




No comments:

Post a Comment