Sunday, January 18, 2015

Product review: Perixx MX-3200, Dual Mode Wired and Wireless Gaming Laser Mouse


This is an okay mouse. I have used a large number of mice and I have to say this mouse is pretty different from other mice I have used. I will try to go over the Pros and Cons of my experience in a systematic way.

First its shape. This mouse is quite flat. I have a small hand and I like flat mice. However, if you like tall rounded mice be aware that this mouse does not have a pronounced arch. The sides on the mouse are also not rounded. My video shows the mouse from different angles to help the verbal description. The thumb button are raised and quite pronounced. They are very easy identify by touch with a thumb, for gaming and shooting action this is excellent. This mouse is 4.75", 2.625" wide and 1.25" high at the tallest point.

Second, optical controls. It has two different optical controls: an IR control for office use and a laser control 5040 dpi go faming. The switch between the two is on the bottom of the mouse.

Third, communication with the computer. In the wireless mode the mouses uses a 3.5" x 3.5" control station which plugs into USB port on the computer and (a) communicates with the mouse (b) can be used as a charging station for the mouse when it is not in use. I leave it sitting on it every night. The control station that comes with this mouse comes with a proprietary two headed cable. The control station is always plugged into the computer with a data cable so it can communicate data between the mouse and the computer, and it also has a charging cable which can be plugged into the second port to provide extra charging power. I am not fond of proprietary cables as I am worried about misplacing or breaking a special cable. To have both cables plugged in one needs to give up 2 USB ports. To switch to wired mouse you need to disconnect the control station as the package comes with one cable.

Forth, charging. This mouse has a non-replaceable rechargeable battery. It can be charged either by plugging a charging cable or from the charging station that comes with this mouse. I am not fond of non-removable batteries because eventually they stop holding charge eventually. This is not going to be a problem in the short run but my favorite mouse is about 10 years old... This mouse is not going to last that long.

This mouse works both on Windows and Linux. In Windows you can use enclosed software to program the mouse button to record macros. On Linux you get the default behavior of the button, in addition to the standard buttons (click, left, right, scroll wheel) I also get volume up and down and next previous screen by using the thumb buttons.

I spend almost the entire day with a mouse in my hand so I am very sensitive to the mouse shape. I like flat mice so I like the shape of this mouse. I like the extra buttons and their shape. I am not fond of the control station, the propriety charging cable, non-replacable battery, and having to give up 2 USB ports.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.



Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment