Sunday, July 14, 2013

Product review: Satechi Dual Sonic Speaker 2.0 Channel Computer Speakers


I am impressed with this speaker. I am attaching a video where I play music with the speakers on, then with built-in speaker of my tablet, and then back to the speakers. You can see how much richer, fuller, and louder the sound is when the speakers are used. I used several pieces of music to demonstrate the speakers, including Bach Toccata and Fugue in D minor which is a stress test for the bass. Some speakers crackle and can't handle it, but Satechi Speaker handled it well. The sound is not distorted, they have great mid-tones and even a pretty good bass.

The speakers are pretty heavy for their size. One of the photos I am attaching to this review is both speakers on the digital scale. Two speakers weigh in at 1 lb 6.7 oz. The base of the speaker is 4" by 2.5", and their height is 3" tall.

The cable between the two speakers is 33". The second cable is a split cable with two connections: USB Power and 3.5mm audio stereo plug. The split cable has in-line volume control. In my use I separated the split cable up to the volume control so the audio and usb plug can be plugged at a longer distance from each other. Note that the speaker needs both cables plugged to play. The second photo I am attaching shows the close-up of the back and bottom of the speaker, as well as the cables. The cable is the thing I liked least about these speakers.

The base of the speaker is pretty heavy and is lined with soft felt-like material. The overall effect is that it minimizes vibrations at high volume as well as provides traction.

I received these speakers from the manufacture for testing and an honest review. I hope the video will help you see what to expect. I am impressed with these speakers - small speakers with a big sound!


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★




No comments:

Post a Comment