Friday, July 12, 2013

Product review: LUGULAKE Rechargeable Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse


I received a vertical mouse for evaluation and an honest review. The mouse was defective and had a short. I posted a 1 star review and notified the manufacture of the problem. Lugulake, the manufacture, asked me if I would be willing to test another mouse, and I agreed provided that any consumer reporting the same problem would be able to receive a replacement mouse free of cost. Lugulake confirmed that this is in fact is their policy.

The second mouse worked briefly and then stopped working as well.

I tested it both with Windows operating system and Linux operating system and it worked on both.

The mouse can operate in one of two modes:
1) using the batteries in the battery compartment
2) using USB cable (turning it into a wired mouse)

The mouse comes without a manual, but Amazon description contains some bare bones documentation. The Amazob description states that the USB cable is a charging cable. This description is somewhat ambiguous. It could mean that the mouse needs to connected to be used without batteries, or that the mouse has a built-in battery that would be charged by this cable. I left the mouse attached via this cable (with the batteries removed) for a number of hours and unless the cable remained attached to the computer the mouse did not function. The cable is 40 inches, which is a fairly short wire. I was able to use it with my laptop for testing, but not with my desktop where the distance between the case and my desk is larger than 40 inches. For comparison my old wired mouse has a wire that is 74 inches.

In both configuration you need to use the dongle in one of the USB 2.0 slots, so if you are using a USB cable you would need to dedicate two slots to the mouse. Using the mouse with the batteries is a lot more convenient. Note that the bottom of the mouse contains a small on/off switch. This switch needs to be turned on to use the mouse with the batteries.

This is my first encounter with a vertical mouse and I found it comfortable to hold. If you are a righty your thumb rests in an indention on the left hand side of the mouse, and the controls (buttons and the wheel) on the left hand side of the mouse, so the position of your wrist is different from a regular mouse. If you have issues using a regular mouse the ability to change the position of your hand is a good thing. I am attaching collage of several pictures which show me holding it. Note that if you are left-handed you need to order a mouse designed for a lefthander.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★☆☆☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment