Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Product review: Santamedical Pro Series Wrist Digital Blood pressure Monitor with Case - Large Display Santamedical Pro Series Wrist Digital Blood pressure Monitor with Case

Santamedical BW-210 blood pressure monitor is wrist blood pressure monitor. I have an arm blood pressure monitor at home, and I found that this wrist monitor gave me similar reading while was easier to put and quicker to give me a reading.

I am attaching a collage of 4 photos that I will be referencing in this review. The first photo shows the entire content of the package. The monitor itself, the white plastic case for storage of the monitor, instruction manual. The monitor runs on two AAA batteries (included). The battery compartment is shown in photo 3. It has a plastic tongue that goes under the batteries and makes it easy to remove the batteries. The plastic container is very handy, the cuff rolled up and easily fit into the case.

The 4h photo shows me taking the measurement. The position of the monitor on your hand as well as position of the hand relative to your heart are very important to get accurate measurements. Once you find the hand position that is comfortable use the same position every day to get measurements that can be accurately compared to each other. The key to home monitoring is to notice a change. If you measure the blood pressure in different position one after another you will notice that the reading are not the same, that's why it is important to use the same position every day. The monitor should be at the same level as your heart. The manual shows extending the hand with the monitor in front of you. Another position that works is to place your hand on your chest with monitor at your heart level. I find that putting my hand on my chest is easier, and it gave me the same reading as when extending my hand in front of me.

The monitor has two buttons. The one with a circle is that on/off button. As soon as you turn on the monitor it starts measuring. It takes approximately one minute to get a reading. The second button is a memory button which will store the results. The unit has automatic power-off function if you forget to turn it off manually.

The screen displays you blood pressure and pulse. It also has a low battery indicator.

The entire wrist band (measured on the inside) is 11.25", you need to allow a minimum of 2" for Velcro closure to secure. That means it can accommodate wrists up to 9.25" in circumference.

I cross-referenced the performance of this wrist monitor with the arm blood pressure cuff I own and they showed fairly close reading. The wrist monitor however was a lot easier to put on, and thus more likely to be used regularly. Measuring Range: Pressure: 30mmHg~280mmHg; Pulse: 40 to 199 times/min; Measuring Accuracy: Pressure: ±3mmHg; Pulse: ±4% of reading.

I received Santamedical Wrist Blood pressure Monitor from the manufacture to share my experiences (be it positive or negative) with it with potential future buyers. I have no financial interest or business relationship with the manufacturer, and this review represents my independent opinion of the product.

Overall I found it to be fairly accurate, compact, and simple-to-use. For someone who needs to monitor their blood pressure every day this unit makes it easy and quick.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.




Ali Julia review ★★★★★



No comments:

Post a Comment