Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Product review: VisiVite Dry Eye Relief Omega 3 Supplement

 


I have been taking Omega-3 since 2011 on the advice of my eye doctor for dry eyes. It noticeably improved my condition.  

In this review, I compare Nature Made Triple Omega, which I have been taking for years, with VisiVite Omega-3.  

One Nature Made Triple Omega soft gel contains
♦ Omega-3 434 mg
♦ Omega-6 276 mg
♦ Omega-9 170 mg
total of 880 mg

VisiVite Omega-3 serving size is FOUR gels. Below is information for one soft gel for my apples-to-apples comparison.

♦ EPA 150 mg (EPA is Long-chain omega-3 fatty acids Eicosapentaenoic acid)
♦ DHA 100 mg (DHA docosahexaenoic acid)
total of 250 mg

My doctor's recommendation was to aim for EPA + DHA around 2000 mg, so I would need to double the recommended dose to 8 gels. To be fair, VisiVite contains other supplements they state are good for your eyes. My eye doctor has not mentioned them, so I can't confirm that assessment.

Now, the price comparison per one soft gel. When I write this review, Nature Made Triple Omega 150 gel caps are priced at $14.99 (10 cents per gel), with a daily cost of 20 cents, or 30 cents a day, to reach the recommended 2000 mg level.

VisiVite Omega-3 120 gels (which 30 day supply using their dosage of 4 gels per day) are $42.26 (35 cents per gel). This works out to a daily cost of $1.40 using their dosage of 4 gels and $2.40 per day if I wanted to reach 2000 mg of Omega recommended by my eye doctor.


Bottom line: Nature Made is more cost-effective than VisiVite Omega-3.

Purchased in January 2023, expiration date May 2024.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

Review of VisiVite Dry Eye Relief Omega 3 Supplement

No comments:

Post a Comment