Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Product review: Metene AGM-513S Glucose Monitor Kit - good but not perfect


 

I like:

⭐ Well organized kit has everything I need
⭐ Kit includes an excellent clear manual for a first-time user like myself
⭐ I liked the carrying pouch to keep all parts together
⭐ Runs on a standard CR2032 3V battery (included)

I do not like:
⭐ The kit did not include a control solution to test accuracy even though the manual mentioned it
⭐ The manual did not have information on what is a normal and what is not a normal glucose level
⭐ I wish the carrying pouch was a little larger, so it was easier to fit everything

My last glucose test crept into the pre-diabetes area, and I wanted to keep track of my glucose level. This is my first attempt at it, so I set it at the lowest possible level on the lancing tool, thinking it would hurt less. Mistake. I did not get enough blood and had to lance my fingers multiple times until I finally got enough blood. So, don't start low. Start in the middle and then adjust up or down.

I wish the manual included this information:
The normal blood glucose level range is 70 to 99 mg/dL.  Pre-diabetes is 100 to 125 mg/dL.  Diabetes is blood glucose level is 126 mg/dL. Blood sugar below 70 mg/dL is considered too low, known as hypoglycemia.

The pain was not bad; I was able to type on the computer keyboard right after lancing several fingers multiple times until I got the right amount of blood, finding the setting that worked for me.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆  

Review of Metene AGM-513S Glucose Monitor Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment