Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Product review: Tuffinix Digital Alarm Clock with Backlight


 

This clock size is 3" tall and 1.25" front to back. It can be a clock or a timer. It does not work exactly as I hoped. It runs either plugged in (using a proprietary USB cable which is 42") or on three AAA batteries. When it runs on the batteries, the time is not visible all the time. The clock turns off the display after a few seconds, and the clock's face is black until you touch the snooze button. The snooze button turns on the display for a few seconds, and it is off again. When plugged in, it shows the time clearly, but the USB cable is only 42" and cannot be replaced by a longer cable because it is not a standard cable.

When the clock has no power, it forgets the time setting. Leaving it plugged in the car all the time drains the car battery. If I decide to use it plugged in, I would need to remember to disconnect it when I step out of the car so I don't get stuck with a dead car battery.

My main reason for getting this clock was to get a clock I could see all the time in my car because my Honda had that clock bug that was in the news earlier this year. It resets every time you start the car. Several car clocks I have tried don't have the backlight function. This clock is very visible when the display is on, but unfortunately, the display does not stay on.

Note that this clock does not have a flat bottom, so I cannot easily Velcro it to the dashboard.

Finally, a note about controls. The clock is hard to set, and documentation is not good. The instructions for setting the time did not work. I had to hold down both the clock and the un-named button next to it at the same time to put it into clock setting mode. Instructions said I needed a long hold only on the clock button. That did not work; doing so changed the display's brightness, not the time.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆
 

No comments:

Post a Comment