Monday, April 18, 2022

Product review: Solar Animal Repeller, Animal Deterrent with Motion Sensor: no effect on cirtters!




 My goal was to keep away squirrels and rabbits. The repeller did not seem to have any effect on them. Our cats were not bothered by the unit. They initially sniffed the unit, as they do with every new thing they see, and then just began ignoring it.

The repellent is 4.25" tall and 4" wide. It comes with a removable pole. It can be charged by plugging into a USB power or via a solar charger on top of the unit. You need to use a small button on the bottom to turn on and control the unit. You need to push the button repeatedly to cycle through the unit's modes. I found it very difficult to tell which mode the unit was in; there is no good feedback on its mode. I could not get any sounds or flashing to happen when I waved my hands. I was able to turn the unit on because a dim red light began blinking (although documentation does not explain the meaning of the blinking).

According to documentation, the motion detector works in 3 feet radius. I could not make it produce noise or flashing. I think the ultrasound is working because, assuming the slow dim red blink indicates it is doing something.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★☆☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment