Thursday, November 12, 2020

Product review: Marshmallow (Zefir) "Sweet Stories" vanilla with nuts in chocolate glaze (loose, individually wrapped) / home grocery delivery





This item is described as loose zefir and I was not sure how many individuals candies I would get. I received 12 individually wrapped zefirs for $4.99, which works out to 42 cents per candy. The price on RussianTable.com is better then the price on Amazon even if you take into account the shipping cost (which is $15.75 for two-day shipping from New York to New England). Zefirs tasted fresh, especially since they are individually wrapped.

I fell in love with while visiting Russia.  I was introduced to zefir by Russian friends on my trips to Moscow.  Russian zefir can only be described as an American marshmallow as an approximation.  Zefir is made by whipping fruit and berry purée (apple puree or strawberry puree) with sugar and egg whites. It is less chewy than a marshmallow and has a lot more flavor, not just sugar.

The chocolate in these Zefir is excellent, zefir texture and taste are very good. The nuts make the chocolate layer thicker, and I thought the chocolate in that amount over-powered the delicate zefir taste.  I love chocolate but in this case, I thought there was too much of it. I have tried "Sweet Stories" without nuts and I like them a bit better.  But don't get me wrong, these are still very good.

You can find it on RussianTable.com by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★


No comments:

Post a Comment