Saturday, June 6, 2020

Product review: Chocolate covered zefir, Russian Marshmallow Classic



This item includes three boxes, each box has 10 chocolate covered zefirs.  I was introduced zefir by Russian friends on my trips to Moscow.  Zefir in this product has the right texture, the chocolate is very good, but the flavor of the zefir itself has a flavor that was not quite right from the desert I had in Moscow version of this dessert. It is not bad, just not as good as the ones I had in the past (it is not the traditional apple flavor).


Russian zefir can only be described as an American marshmallow as an approximation.  Zefir is a type is made by whipping fruit and berry purée ( apple puree or strawberry puree) with sugar and egg whites. It is less chewy than a marshmallow and has a lot more flavor, not just sugar.

The price of this item fluctuates widely. I purchased it for around 20 dollars about a month ago, next time I looked it was almost 30 dollars.  I might have considered another order for 20 dollars, but not for 30 dollars. Instead, I found another zefir (HolanDeli) that had the flavor I remembered, although it is not chocolate covered.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆


No comments:

Post a Comment