Monday, September 16, 2013

Product review: GreatShield Mariner (IP-68 Certified) 100% Waterproof Protective Pouch Case for 8" tablets (iPad Mini, Galaxy 7.7, and others)


Mariner looks very cool and feels well made. It is very different from several other waterproof cases I own.

When not in use it looks like a neat looking white cylinder. This cylinder turns into a seal for a waterproof bag that is stored within it.

The cylinder lid opens when the connectors on both sides of the cylinder are pushed in at the same time. It is closed by snapping the lid shut. Listen for the click to be sure it closed.

In attached video I show opening the cylinder, inserting each of my two tablets (iPad Mini and Galaxy Tab 7.7) inside of it. The video also shows my water test with iPad mini: putting the case under water and using the iPad Mini while it is wet and inside the pouch. I also show removing the tablet and packing up the case back for storage by rolled it up into the cylinder.

The whole system is very neat and good looking. It worked well both in terms of being waterproof and keeping the ability of using the tablet while it is in the bag. I would rank it above other waterproof bags I have tried.

I received Mariner from the manufacture for testing and sharing my experience be it positive or negative. I am not compensated for this review or have a business relationship with the manufacture. The manufacture does not have any influence over the content of my review. I've done my best to test the product and provide an honest review. I hope the video gives you a good idea of what to expect.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment