Thursday, September 26, 2013

Product review: Chef's Star® Manual Hand Crank Juicer - Single Auger Juice Press

ChefSmartTM Hand Crank Juicer is easier to crank than I expected. It is made out of hard plastic and I expected that I would need to apply some muscle when cranking, but the muscle was not really required. As you see in the video I cut the apple in fairly small chunks as recommended in the documentation. And the cranking did not require much force. The juicer has a very good suction mechanism and stayed firmly in place. If anything I had a bit of hard time getting it off the table (not complaining, just pointing out how good the suction is).

The juice produced pulp from the front of the spout and juice from the middle. I thought I would eat the pulp after the juicing is done not to waste anything but the juicer did such a good job that the pulp was totally tasteless and I tossed it. As you see in the video the apples got stuck to the auger a couple of times and I used a spoon to dislodge and move them around. Then the juicer was producing juice at a good clip again.

The ChefSmart juicer disassembled easily, it has no sharp pieces so it was quick and easy to clean. Manual cranking does take longer than juicing with an electric juicer, but cranking itself is not hard. Plus it is quiet!

I received this juicer for testing and sharing my experience with potential future buyers. I liked it and will be using it on regular basis. I hope the video gives you a good idea what to expect.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment