Monday, January 6, 2020

Product review: Vesafe Wireless Tire Pressure Monitoring System


My Honda CRV has a built-in tire monitoring system, but it only tells me that one of the four tires has low pressure.  It does not give me any numbers or tell me which one of the four tires is low. Vesafe tire pressure monitor solves this problem by showing the pressure of all four tires on the display plugged into the cigarette lighter.

The display runs off power in the cigarette lighter. Each of the four monitors has a battery (CR1632).  When the monitor is removed or the battery runs out of juice the display gadget generates an alarm (I show this in my video).

Installation of the tire monitors is a little fussy, as they require tightening the hex hut with a wrench (this wrench is included in the package).  You also need to loosen the hex nut with the wrench when you remove the monitor to add air to the tires.  The hex nut holds the monitor in place and one cannot remove it without loosening the hex nut. This means you always need to have a wrench in the car in case of an emergency.

Overall, the system worked well.  However, the reading it showed on the display was lower by several PSI compared to measurements by several separate tire pressure testers.  On the positive side, the difference was consistent between several measurements, so it is something I need to keep in mind as I look at the readout.  This monitoring system gives me an early warning and shows which tire is lower than others when the car's build-in system tells me one of the tires is low.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment