Saturday, July 9, 2022

Product review: KUNELL PAPO Soil Test Kit for Moisture, pH level, light


 
The most important part of the review first: This probe helped find that the  soil in my garden is too acid, and I need to lime it.  Is the probe perfect? No.  Details below.

This mechanical meter allows you to switch between testing moisture, light, and PH balance. It has a built-in battery, which cannot be changed. The switch is cumbersome to use; the dial is hard to see when you insert it straight down. After having trouble seeing the values, I found that it was best to insert the probes at an angle, so the dial faces up.

To test the soil, you need to insert the probe two to four inches and leave it in the soil for 10 minutes according to the instructions.  However, I found that the value does not change after a few seconds. Before I bought the probe, I thought I would permanently leave it on the ground, but the instructions said that you must remove the probe after the test and clean it.

A pH of 6.5 is ideal for growing vegetables; the range from pH 6.0 to 7.0 is acceptable for vegetables. If the soil pH level is below 5.5 or above 7.5, soil treatment or modification often is necessary. Acid soil is 3.5-8 pH level, Alkaline soil is 7-8 pH level. For low pH level (below 5.5), one needs to apply lime to soil.  I am using chicken poop pellets, which work similar to lime.

I noticed that pH level value changed after I watered the plants. Water has a neutral pH level, so it temporarily raises the soil's pH level. As you see in the attached video,  the tester showed that my soil was too acidic, and I needed to apply lime.  You can also see how watering temporary improved the pH level.

Settings:

Acid soil is 3.5-8 pH level
Alkaline soil is 7-8 pH level

Moisture level dry 1-3
Moisture level normal 4-7
Moisture level wet 8-10

Light level low 0-200 Lux
Light level low+ 200-500 Lux
Light level normal 500-1000 Lux
Light level high 1000-2000 Lux

You can find it on Amazon by following this link. Ali Julia review ★★★★☆

Review of KUNELL PAPO Soil Test Kit for Moisture

No comments:

Post a Comment