Thursday, October 1, 2020

Product review: Imported Russian Loose Zefir (Marshmallow)









In my order (rated as two pounds), I received 16 individual zefirs. Each one is 2" across. They tasted great, just like the ones I fell in love with while visiting Russia. I was introduced to zefir by Russian friends on my trips to Moscow. Zefir in this product has the right texture and flavor.

Russian zefir can only be described as an American marshmallow as an approximation. Zefir is made by whipping fruit and berry purée (apple puree or strawberry puree) with sugar and egg whites. It is less chewy than a marshmallow and has a lot more flavor, not just sugar.

The price of this item fluctuates. I purchased it for around 23 dollars about a month ago, next time I looked, it was 30 dollars. I'll be buying again when the price drops.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.

Ali Julia review ★★★★★




No comments:

Post a Comment