Sunday, August 2, 2015

Product review: Wireless Motion Sensor Spotlight by Hallomall


I test each product I review for at least a couple of weeks before publishing a review. My opinion of this spotlight change after 10 dasy. Initially, I liked it because it is produces a good amount of light and I can aim it in many ways. However, in 10 days four "D" batteries ran out of juice. The spot light is motion activated and light sensitive so it only was turned on briefly every day. I have a similar spot light I purchased a few years ago and it goes on the same set of batteries for more than 6 months. Both spot lights were mounted near each other as I thought the new one might be a replacement for the old one. But I don't want to replace 4 "D" batteries once a week.

The light has waterproof rating of IP65, which means it can withstand rain but not submersion if water. It has all plastic construction.

The light produces a reasonable amount of light. The lux meter reading at a distance of 12 inches shows 220 lux. It produces good light but it is not as bright as a 60 fluorescent watt light. For comparison, a 60 watt fluorescent bulb at the same distance produces 1119 lux.

There are things about this spotlight that I like, but the battery life is a deal breaker.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆

w

No comments:

Post a Comment