Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Food review: Fruitfield Little Chip Lemon Marmalade

I love lemon marmalade. They are hard to find, and in the last few years I could not find any in the stores so I decided to buy this Lemon marmalade without being able to look at it closely. I am attaching a couple of pictures so you can see the content not just the label.

I was looking forward to getting it so much. When the box arrived I opened it and tried the marmalade right away... but it was a huge disappointment. First, it is no a true marmalade it is a jelly. I am attaching two pictures where you can see maybe a couple of lemon zest strips in the entire 454 gram (16 oz). Second the jelly is soooo very sweet. There is not enough tartness I expected from a lemon marmalade. Third it had a weird texture, it left what I would describe as an oily feel in my mouth unlike any other jelly I have tried.

List of ingredients:
Sugar 62g per 100g
Glucose-fructose syrup
Lemons
Gelling Agent: Pectin, Citric Acid
Acidity Regulator:Sodium Citrate
Flavoring: Lemon Oil
Color:Caramel E150C

Price with shipping slightly over $11.


I eat a lot of different jams. I like having jam with my tea. I will not be able to eat this jelly with my tea because I really did not like so many things about it. I will try cooking with it, maybe it will work on a chicken as a sauce. I am so disappointed!


Normally I would not comment on a specific seller on a product review, but I think in this case it is relevant.
Enclosed with the marmalade was FoodIreland 100% satisfaction guarantee flyer with a contact email. I contacted them over the weekend letting them know I was disappointed in the product. On Monday I received a notification of a full refund. So if you like jellies the stellar customer service removes the risk of giving it a try.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment