Monday, December 5, 2011

Product Review: Fotodiox Neoprene Zoom Camera Cover Sleeve/Travel Case for SONY NEX 5N and SONY NEX 3C

Perfect fit for SONY NEX 5N - exactly what I was looking for


I purchased this neoprene sleeve for SONY NEX-5N camera, whose size is 4 1/8 inches wide x 1 inch wide in the narrow part, and 4 2/8 width if measured including the 18-55mm Lens.
I wanted to have something snug around the camera to protect the LCD screen if I take it out of the camera bag and put it in jacket pocket or carry it in my purse.
This sleeve is perfect. It is a nice fit, not too tight, but it takes little amount of extra space. I have about 1 inch of space left at the lens end, so it has room to fit a bigger lens.


Photo #1 shows the Fotodiox neoprene sleeve next the SONY camera cap for size reference. As you see the coloring of the sleeve is slightly different than the stock photo. There is no grey color edging on the sleeve, and I like it better this way than the stock photo version.

Photo#2-#4 :

Photo #2 shows the camera next to the sleeve. The flaps of the sleeve have Velcro and close around the camera once it is inserted into the sleeve.

Photos #3 and #5 show different angles of the camera inside of the sleeve before the velcro is closed. My camera has a filter and a quick release plate attached to the body.

Photo #4 shows the camera inside the sleeve with the Velcro closed. I show the dimensions of the closed sleeve. 6 inches by 6.5 inches. The tip (lens end) of the sleeve has about 1 inch empty, so a slightly larger lens will fit into the same sleeve.

Overall, I am very pleased. The fit is ideal, it looks decent, and construction quality is good.

You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★





No comments:

Post a Comment