Thursday, March 20, 2014

Product review: OXA Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard



This bluetooth keyboard has some features I liked and some features that I did not.

On the positive side:
✅ I liked the size and the feel of the keyboard. It is 9" wide and 5.5" front to back. It weighs 7.8 oz.
✅ The balance between the comfortable key size and the compact size of the keyboard is good. Each is 3/8" square, made out of hard plastic with a nice matt finish.
✅ It has a rechargeable battery, which uses a standard micro USB cable.
✅ It has an on/off switch so you can turn it off when not in use.
✅ Most keys are in the standard layout. Function keys work by holding down fn key and a numeric key at the same time.

On the negative side:
❌ The biggest negative for me is the location of the space bar. It is located next a lip which is slightly higher in height than the space bar. This lip is located right at the front edge of the keyboard in front of the space bar and when I use my thumb to hit the space bar as I do during regular typing I hit the lip instead. In order to use the space bar I need to change how I type which slowed me down.
❌ I am fairly light on the keys, I don't hit them with force, and occasionally my regular keystrokes did not register on this keyboard. It requires a stronger touch.
❌ The keyboard tablet stand only works when the tablet in a landscape orientation. If you insert the table in a portrait orientation it tilts backwards and cannot be used (see video). If you need the tablet to be in a portrait orientation while you type you would need to use another stand.

The balance of positive and negative works out to a general okay rating: it works but not ideal.


You can find it on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment