Saturday, August 4, 2012

Product Review: Velcro Reusable Self-Gripping Cable Ties

This package contains 4 rolls of Velcro ties. What makes them different from velcro that you can buy at any sewing store (for less money) is the shape they are cut into. I am attaching a photo which shows the shape that allows you thread one end into the other for tightening. Each ties is 1/4 inch wide and 7 1/2 inches long. However they are not separated in the roll, so you can detach two ties as a unit, making a whole unit 15 inches long (and so forth in units of 7 1/2 inches).

The benefit of Velcro ties over plastic ties is that they can be reused. They are easy to adjust in size by wrapping them a few extra times or loosening.

I found many uses for these ties. From obvious ones to somewhat creative:

- keeping my computer cords tidy and untangled
- attaching outdoor art to the black iron rod railing
- keeping wrapping paper from unrolling
- for bundling ski poles, garden sticks, and other long objects in the basement for storage
- keeping glasses attached the visor in the car
- keeping my phone inside a pouch without slipping out (yet either to remove when needed)
- securing a cargo net in the back of my car
- attaching a loop that holds the cable to recharge my tablet at table level while plugged in (otherwise it was on the floor when not in use)
- several loops that are attached to my textile loom, which holds shuttles and scissors when they are not use, but right there when I need them
- used as tarp fastener to keep the tarp over objects under my deck while construction on the deck was going on

Good stuff - I recommend!


You can find this pack of Veclro wraps on Amazon by following this link.


Ali Julia review ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment